Calorimeter Test Stands
A calorimeter is a special purpose wind tunnel for testing thermal and flow characteristics of air-cooled heat exchangers such as automotive radiators, charge air and industrial machine coolers.
- Customized to test your product and your test procedure.
- Test over a wide range of performance conditions.
- Reliable and robust with a low life-cycle cost.
- Precise instrumentation provides accurate, repeatable results.
- Test a variety of products including radiators, heat exchangers, and other flow devices.
- Closable nozzles for high flow turn-down.
Whether you are looking for an upgrade of existing facilities or considering a new project, Emprise can work with you to go from concept, to design, to turnkey installation of your new test facility. Let Emprise show you how to make the testing of your product a breeze.
Test Stand Specifications
- Volumetric flow rates: to 14 m3/sec (30,000 acfm) and higher
- Air temperature measurement accuracy: ±0.1C (±0.125F)
- Operating temperature range: 20-175°C
- (70-350°F) with other ranges possible
- Relative humidity measurement accuracy: ±2% RH
- Energy balance: to ± 5% or better
- Total estimated flow measurement uncertainty: to ±0.5%
- Flow turndown: up to 50:1
Test Stand Features
- Customized design
- Turnkey installation
- Test chamber with UUT mount station
- Discharge plenum with static mixing elements
- Nozzle plenum flow conditioning station
- Nozzle array meets ASHRAE Standards
- Remote actuated nozzle closures
- Access doors or ports for maintenance
- Nozzle box separable and portable for laboratory calibration
- Blower bypass if required for smooth operation at low flow rates
- Heat exchanger or air exchange for air side temperature control
- Hot or cold liquid or gas skids for process simulation
- Data analysis and reporting
- Safety interlocks
- Computerized data acquisition and control system:
- Sets data point automatically
- Operator station with color graphic display
- Measures and calculates performance parameters