Custom Portable Engine Test Cells(PETS)
PET is an innovative portable engine test cell. Most test cells are designed by an architect and built of conventional materials like bricks and mortar, making the cells immovable and inadaptable to changing requirements. Emprise has developed a practical alternative to this – PET – a portable and modular engine and component test cell.
With PET, you can test all types of engines, from small internal combustion to radial gas turbines. Our portable test cell is ideal for testing components such as A/C compressors, alternators, starters, turbochargers, transmissions, as well as hydraulic pumps, air cycle machines and auxiliary and ground power units, to name a few.
In addition to its modularity and portability, Emprise can provide optional features which make this test cell the most flexible on the market. Our engineers can custom design and integrate a complete, turnkey data acquisition and control system, including graphics packages, PCs and Windows-based software to run your tests, take data and monitor all critical parameters. Emprise can also integrate a client’s existing data acquisition and control system. Other options include fuel supply controls, pressure, flow, and temperature instrumentation systems, fluid fill panels and temperature conditioning panels.
Emprise has incorporated standard safety features which include combustible gas and fire detection systems, purge air control, fire dampers, Life Safety Gas (FM200) fire suppression systems. All safety related controls are hardwired for redundant protection.
- All metal, insulated construction for fire containment
- Automatic fire detection and suppression system (full flooding FM200)
- Redundant fire (heat) detectors
- Automatic combustible gas detectors
- Redundant combustible gas detectors
- Hardwired shutdown for fire, gas leak or E-stop conditions
- Automatic air dampers on purge air vent ducts and engine exhaust pipe
- Automatic excess flow valves on fuel supply for catastrophes, seismic, fire, explosion, etc.
PET Technical Highlights
- Test cell modules, up to 12'W x 45'L
- Total height, up to 14'
- Smaller PETS are easily moved using a forklift
- Smaller PETS Can be mounted on casters for easy maneuvering in cramped spaces
- 6'-8"H x 3'-0"W - Standard loading door; can be increased to accommodate larger engines
- Integral silencers for air supply and vent
- Integral engine exhaust silencer
1998 Engineering Excellence State Award Learn More
Request a Quote
Click the link below to start the quoting process.
Specify Your Own Engine Test Cell
Many companies and engineers don't know where to start when planning to specify and engineer an engine test cell.That's why we've created what we feel is a comprehensive "check-list" to help you help us in quoting a potential project!